Three litres of organic extra virgin olive oil originating only from Sicily. Obtained from hand-picked olives crushed in a mill without the use of any heat or chemicals.
Raw, unadulterated, as nature intended, to preserve the highest levels of flavor, nutrients, anti-oxidants and polyphenols. In fact, Sicilian oils average a higher percentage of polyphenols than other typical extra virgin olive oils.
- Avarage altitude of olive trees: 10 to 450 meters above seal level
- Free acidity (% oleic acid): 0.2
- Varieties: “Nocellara del Belice”, “Ogliarola Messinese” and "Biancolilla"
- Color: green with golden hues
- Fragrance: intense and persistent with hints of olive-green leaves
- Period of harvest: November / December
- Collection method: manual, hand-picked
- Taste: balanced, peppery to lightly bitter (due to polyphenols)